ISLAMABAD ( BMZ REPORT )
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., the leader in Home Entertainment for nine consecutive years, today introduced an extensive range of SUHD TVs at its 2015 Samsung MENA Forum in Antalya. The new TVsset a new standard in premium UHD (Ultra High Definition) content and elevate the viewing experience to new heights.
Samsung also showcased its expansive lineup of audio products, including Curved Soundbars and Omni-Directional 360 Audio, which complement and enhance the home entertainment experience with immersive and crystal clear sound.
“Our innovative heritage and spirit continue to push the boundaries of the home entertainment experience to new possibilities,” said Mr. Choong Ro Lee, President of Samsung Middle East and North Africa. “Regardless of the content source, Samsung provides the leading picture in the industry and will continue to do so with our SUHD TVs. Consumers can trust that we are more committed than ever to consistently delivering the superior home entertainment experience for years to come.”
Samsung’s Premium “S” TV: The New SUHD TV
Samsung reserves the “S” identification for its most premium, flagship products that signify a true leap forward in technology. As the leader in the TV industry, Samsung is excited to extend the prestigious “S” identification to its newest premium TV line, the SUHD TV. The SUHD TV is designed to excite all of the senses, with sensational picture, seamless interaction and stylish design.
Introducing Unmatched Picture Quality
Samsung SUHD TVs demonstrate groundbreaking advances in contrast, brightness, color reproduction and detail to deliver a superior picture quality experience. They utilize proprietary, eco-friendly nano-crystal technology and include an intelligent SUHD re-mastering picture quality engine.
SUHD TV’s nano-crystal transmits different colors of light depending on their size to produce the highest color purity and light efficiency available today. This technology produces a wide range of more accurate colors, providing viewers with 64 times more color expression than conventional TVs. The intelligent SUHD re-mastering engine has optimized all content to match the color and brightness reproduction of the SUHD TV. It automatically analyzes the brightness of images to minimize additional power consumption, while also producing ultimate contrast levels, showcasing images with much darker blacks and an elevated level of brightness that’s more than 2.5 times brighter than conventional TVs.
By collaborating with 20th Century Fox, Samsung has optimized content to meet premium quality SUHD standards. This partnership allows for consumers to enjoy an unrivaled UHD viewing experience. Samsung partnered with the Fox Innovation Lab to re-master multiple scenes from its critically acclaimed film, “Life of Pi,” directed by Academy Award winner Ang Lee, specifically for the SUHD TV. The result was spectacular – generating more vivid colors and lifelike scenes.
Samsung is also working with leaders in the industry to promote the secure and steady growth of a comprehensive UHD ecosystem. In order to establish premium UHD quality standards, Samsung has announced the UHD Alliance¾a coalition of companies united to set the bar for next generation video entertainment. The new body will implement new standards that support innovation in video technologies including 4K and higher resolutions, high dynamic range, wider color gamut and immersive 3D audio.
Furthermore, Samsung’s SUHD TVs use environmentally friendly technology to deliver best-in-class energy efficiency and reliability.
Samsung will offer three new series of SUHD TVs¾JS9500, JS9000 and JS8000¾from 48- to 88-inches, so consumers have the flexibility to purchase the perfect TV that fits their style and taste.
Sophisticated and Improved Curved Designs
When Samsung introduced the curved form-factor in 2013, it dramatically enhanced the home entertainment experience. Taking cues from contemporary art and architecture, Samsung’s TVs were designed and enhanced with many modern and minimalist highlights.
The newly announced Samsung SUHD TV JS9500 features a chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen, and the elegant frame makes the display look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall. The SUHD TV JS9000 also has a soft, textured shirring design on the rear of the display, giving the TV a premium look and stylish edge when viewed from any angle.
With the increase in consumer demand for Curved TVs, Samsung will continue to add new models to its product portfolio to compliment every unique viewing environment.
New Smart TV Redefines the Future Entertainment Experience
As of this year, all of Samsung’s Smart TVs, including the new SUHD TV, will be powered by Tizen¾an open-source platform that supports web standards for TV app development. With Tizen, Samsung’s new Smart TV platform not only has a multitude of new features, but also a more intuitive UI, a more integrated entertainment experience, and more ways to access content than ever before.
- The new user interface for Samsung’s Smart Hub is more responsive and playful. It is simplified to just one screen, displaying consumers’ most recent content and tailored recommendations for even more entertainment options.
- With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognize Samsung smartphones once paired via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology. Consumers can share video content from their Samsung smartphone to their Smart TV with the press of a button. Also, users can watch TV through their mobile devices without any apps or complicated pre-settings.
- Samsung is committed to delivering more contents to the consumers in MENA. In 2014, Samsung has successfully launched SHAHID, a leading pan-Arab catch-up and Video on Demand service that delivers premium and exclusive content, and in 2015, Samsung will launch SHAHID Plus.
- Also with Go By OSN, Samsung is delivering world-class content to users throughout the region, including the most popular TV programs and films from within the region.
- Samsung Smart TV owners can wake-up a bit easier with Briefing on TV. Samsung Smart TVs now act as an alarm and sync up with Samsung mobile devices to turn on and display important items such as the time, weather and consumers’ schedules.
- In addition to offering numerous content services, Samsung is also working with lifestyle services including Appy Kids, whose app, The Adventures of Zee, teaches children the Arabic alphabet. Samsungalso has created Safe Home application, which uses built-in or external Samsung TV cameras to detect movement in rooms while consumers are not in their homes. When users turn this application on, Safe Home will continuously take snapshots of moving objects and immediately share with consumers via email. This will allow consumers to receive instant and detailed information while they are away, giving them the ability to react quickly if needed.
- Samsung’s platform powered by Tizen allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, allowing easy collaboration with a number of partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
- With all Samsung TVs poised to become Internet of Things devices by 2017, Tizen’s compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung’s Smart TVs as the control center of any Smart Home..
Samsung Showcases Commitment to Features for MENA
To meet the needs of consumers in MENA, Samsung is introducing a number of features, tailored to match the lifestyles of users in the region.
In MENA, users will be able to enjoy Family TV 2.0, which further enhances the overall viewing experience. Maintaining last year’s features, Family TV 2.0 allows consumers to transfer content easily and capture screen and sound bites of their favorite TV moments. The feature now also has Story Replay, which records TV program by capturing video every 5 seconds with full audio. Therefore, consumers can watch their missed TV program by playing a slide show with full audio.
Additionally, Samsung will offer Ultra Clean View, which is designed to bring consumers clear and improved picture regardless of low quality input of external sources such as cable, STB, etc. By switching Ultra Clean View on, Samsung TVs will analyze the resolution of original content, enhancing details throughout and reducing noise with an optimal algorithm setting to match the resolution. This ensures that consumers have the clear, crisp picture quality they come to expect from Samsung TVs.
Samsung Curved Soundbar – Curved design to surround users’ senses
Samsung is introducing the four Curved Soundbar models that features a sleek and clean design. It complements Samsung’s Curved TVs from 48-inches to 78-inches, providing a premium audio solution that can also be mounted on the TV.
The newly-introduced 8500 series also offers enhanced sound quality with 9.1 channel audio, featuring a central speaker and side speakers on each end. These were added to further intensify the immersive experience by delivering a more equalized surround-sound experience.
With its patented Multi-Air Gap speaker unit at its subwoofer, the Soundbar will feature deeper bass than conventional audio offerings. It allows users to stream music through its multiroom functionality, and has a wireless connection to the TV through TV SoundConnect via Bluetooth.
Samsung Omni-directional 360 Audio – A new era in premium sound
Developed in Samsung’s new state-of-the-art Audio Lab in California, the WAM7500/6500 speakers are designed with style and elegance to harmonize any home interior. The speakers provide rich-bodied sound, and unlike conventional speakers that project sound in a single direction, these fill the entire room with equal and balanced sound.
To create a truly unique offering, Samsung incorporated its proprietary ring radiator technology which allows sound to flow in a 360-degree radius¾producing the perfect balance between treble and bass.
The WAM7500/6500 also features a simple and hassle free setup with plug-and-play installation¾users simply connect the speaker to a router and plug the unit in.