- The Intel Compute Stick is a new category of compute devices that enables you to transform a display into a fully functioning entry computer. Now any HDMI enabled TV or monitor can become a basic computer by simply plugging in the Intel Compute Stick.
- The Intel Compute Stick ships as an entry computer – with memory, storage, connectivity and OS installed and ready to go out of the box.
- Powered by a quad-core Intel® Atom™ processor, the device offers the choice of two operating systems: Windows* 8.1 with Bing* or Linux. Both devices come with Wi-Fi* and Bluetooth* for connectivity, a USB port to connect peripherals and a micro SD card slot for additional storage.
- Available in Pakistan from Spring 2015, costing $150 for windows version and $100 for Linux version
ISLAMABAD ( BMZ REPORT )
Intel Pakistan launched the Intel Compute Stick – an Intel® Atom™ powered device capable of transforming any HDMI display or monitor into a fully functional computer – at an exclusive event. The event provided the opportunity to get hands-on experience with the innovation, which is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and receive detailed insights into its features.
Ready to go out the box, the Intel Compute Stick will be available from authorized Intel distributors from spring 2015. Two versions built on the quad-core Intel® Atom™ processor will be launched in Pakistan providing users the choice of two operating systems:
· Windows 8.1 – Pre installed with Bing and Windows 8.1, the Intel Compute Stick includes 32GB storage and 2GB memory. It is expected to retail for $149
· Linux – Pre-installed with Ubuntu 14.04, this offering of the Intel Compute Stick includes 8GB storage, 1GB memory, and Linux distribution. It is expected to retail for $99
Both devices come with Wi-Fi*(802.11bgn) and Bluetooth* 4.0 for connectivity, a USB 2.0 port to connect peripherals and a micro SD card slot for additional storage.
Speaking at launch ceremony, Asma Aziz- PR and Marketing Manager, Intel Pakistan, Bangladesh & Sri-Lanka said: “The Intel Compute Stick takes computing to the next level. With its ability to run straight out the box, and from any monitor, the innovative device brings computing to new devices and environments transforming when and how we compute.”
“Whether you need to develop digital signage, add intelligence to a conference room projector or deploy a room full of PCs running the same operating system, the Intel® Compute Stick delivers the performance, cost, and size you need. Furthermore, with its choice of operation systems it efficiently meets your computing needs so that you can work when, where, and how you want.”
For more information on the Intel Compute Stick, visit: http://www.intel.com/content/